The SK-HD1200 is Hitachi’s top-of-the-line portable HD Studio and EFP camera. Outstanding images are acquired by three (R,G,B) 2.3 megapixel UAIT (Ultra-Advanced) CCDs. Hitachi’s implementation of the most advanced digital processing technology provides low-noise and high dynamic range pictures. The SK-HD1200 is progressive scan throughout the entire camera chain and outputs 1080p (SMPTE-424M) 3Gbps SDI. The HD signal is generated by our newest CCD sensors and processed by 38-bit Hitachi DSP’s. Progressive 1080 HD picture quality has been painstakingly implemented in this camera series.
Features & Functions
- NEW 2/3-inch, 1080/60p, progressively scanned, (Ultra-Advanced) UAIT-CCDs.
- 1,100TVL standard resolution
- >60dB signal to noise ratio (1080/60p without noise reduction)
- 38-bit per pixel per R,G,B channel Hitachi 40nm digital processing technology
- 3Gbps HD-SDI signal handling from end-to-end.
- Switchable between progressive and interlaced signal processing, transport and outputs.
- Multi-format global design outputs signals applicable to most TV broadcast and production standards.
- Transparent signal transmission and camera power is achieved by the use of SMPTE-311M hybrid optical fiber cable with up to 3Km (~9,842ft.) of operation distance.
- The camera system can operate with SMPTE-311M hybrid fiber cable or common-off-the-shelf single-mode (with external camera head power). SM fiber can be used up to 10Km (~33,000ft.) without external adapters, accessories or modifications.
- The camera system can use an optical routing system to connect multiple camera heads to any number of CCUs thus, simplifying and lowering the cost of large camera systems’ interconnect.
- NEW control panels (SU-1000 and RU-1500 series) can control a camera in a group of 128 when connected via the TCP/IP camera control network.
- NEW camera control unit (CCU) CU-1200 and existing models can be addressed and controlled via a common TCP/IP data network.
- Dual 1080/60i camera head operation allows 2 camera heads to be connected to/ controlled by 1 CCU. Both camera head outputs are independently provided at the output of the CCU. (3D production applications).
- Dual 5-position motorized filter wheel is optionally available.
- Low power 24W consumption (camera head + lens + optical cable adapter)
- 2-piece dockable design improves maintenance and equipment availability.
- Choice of 3 different joystick or rotary-type and with LCD-display operation panels
- Prompter and talent monitor power and video outputs available at the camera head.
- Independent HD-SDI VF output for crane or Jib installations.
- VF Focus assist (VF Area marker, Focus indicator and gauge)
- 9-inch high resolution LCD Color viewfinder (VF-L90HD)
- 5-inch high resolution B/W CRT (4:3) viewfinder, VF-HD500 for EFP use
- 2-inch high resolution B/W CRT (16:9) VF-402E for ENG use
- Compatibility with all Fujinon Precision Focus lenses.
- Digital optical extender function
- 2 independent CCU Return signals, inputs can be HD (HD-SDI single or dual link) or SD, analog or digital selectable
- Full automatic setup using Gray Scale.
- Digital registration or lens’ lateral chromatic aberration adjustment.
- Direct data transfer from SU or SD memory cards used at camera head and control panels.
- HD signal linear masking & 12-vector color painting.
- Independent control of HD & SDTV detail
- Ultra Gamma (Selectable Gamma table with 7 presets).
- Black stretch/ black press.
- Preset Masking (6 settings: DEFAULT, ITU-709, SMPTE-240M, SMPT-WIDE, NTSC, EBU).
- 2 channels Flesh-tone masking and multiple memories Flesh-tone detail correction settings.
- Knee saturation and Knee detail functions.
- Real-time and offline diagnostic system with character display superimposed on PIX video output.
- Accepts Analog VBS/BBS or HD Tri-level sync as genlock.
- Available Studio Adapter for use with all Broadcast box, compact studio and hand-held 2/3-inch bayonet lenses.
- Cable-less Studio Adapter interface allows trouble free operation.
- 2-piece dockable design allows easy configuration change and maintenance.
- Maintains backwards compatibility with existing HITACHI HDTV control panels, cables, and viewfinders.
- Ethernet control and assignment of control panels and CCUs.
- Can operate over Single Mode Fiber (SMF) without expensive converters.
Camera System Accessories
(Click on pictures to enlarge – opens in a new browser window)
Camera Control Units (CCU’s)
CU-HD1200 Optical Fiber CCU: 1080p, 3Gbps, Multi-format CCU. Use with SK-HD1200 /1300 / 2200 cameras.
CU-HD500 Optical Fiber CCU: Available with 1080i/480i or 720p/480i.
CU-HD1000-S8 Half Rack Optical Fiber CCU.
TU-HD1000 Digital Triax Camera Control Unit.
SU-1000: Master Setup Unit for 12 cameras, expandable to 128 cameras. Provides access to all camera operation and adjustment parameters.
RU-1500VR/JY: Advanced Remote Unit with color touch-screen and network control for demanding, live production environments.
RU-1000: Small form-factor, basic remote control panel.
SA-1000: Heavy-duty, large box lens adapter and system expansion unit for studio and field production. Designed for use with all Hitachi HTDV portable cameras.
VF-402 2 inch B/W ENG viewfinder
(Operation manual with camera head)